What We Believe at Hope Church
- The Word of God as contained in the Old and New Testaments is the foundation of our faith.
- There is one God and He is the creator of all things.
- Jesus Christ is His only Son and the Holy Spirit is His presence with us in this life.
- All three parts of the Trinity are alive and living with and through us today.
- It is through the acceptance of Jesus Christ that we may be saved from our sin, and receive His promise of full and unconditional forgiveness.
Baptism And Communion
If you have questions about Baptism and Holy Communion in United Methodist Churches, here are two UMC publications which may provide answers. If you still have questions, Pastor Ken will be happy to answer them for you.
By Water And The Spirit (A United Methodist Understanding of Baptism)
This Holy Mystery (A United Methodist Understanding of Holy Communion)
Our Mission Statement:
"To make disciples who make disciples for Jesus Christ"
Our Message: John 3:16 (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Who Are We?
- We're a United Methodist congregation worshipping in a praise/celebration style.
- We're a church that believes that all members are ministers, and constantly trains Lay Pastors to lead ministry teams and small groups.
- We're a relaxed, informal church where you are welcome just as you are.
- We're a church committed to continuing spiritual growth through worship, prayer and small group participation.
- We're a church where you'll hear loud music and quiet prayer, hand clapping and testimonies from people just like you, who are searching for or who have found out what knowing Jesus Christ can do for them.
We're A Permission-Giving Church
We are a permission-giving church. Permission is given for each small group and ministry team to discern God's will for its actions through the training, consecration and ongoing education of its leaders. Interaction with the Lead Team occurs only if the group/team has questions or if the Lead Team feels it must intervene in actions taken by the group/team, such as a controversial issue or where unbudgeted funds are requested. Decisions are made by consensus.
Where We've Come From
Hope Church was chartered in 1992 as a new United Methodist congregation in Douglassville, PA. The core group who made up this new church start came from the former Searles United Methodist Church at Beech and Hanover Streets in Pottstown, PA.
Hope Church is worshipping today in Phase 1 of its Worship Center, just west of Douglassville on Route 422 in Amity Township. Worship is fully contemporary; "Casual, Lively, Relevant and Real." The focus is on seven day a week discipleship through church and home small groups and classes for all ages.
Plans for the future, like our past, are in God's hands. We are currently developing plans for another building project - Phase 1 was our original building, Phase 2 was the Christian Education Wing addition (completed in the Fall of 2007), and Phase 3 will be the new Worship Center.
What Are Our Goals?
- Continual spiritual growth through small groups and new ministry opportunities.
- Meaningful worship experiences, with relevant, Biblical messages.
Hope Church believes that only by reaching out to our community and our world can we fulfill Christ's commission to "go and make disciples." We are, therefore, involved in many mission projects. We cyurrently support 16 missions beyond Hope Church that reach across the street and around the world - see the Missions page of this website for more information about each Mission.
We also believe that all Christians experience spiritual growth best in a small group setting. Each small group includes a time of prayer, study and fellowship. We welcome anyone, whether raised in the church or new to this "God thing."
- To Celebrate God's gifts (Romans 12:6-8)
- To Proclaim the Word of God's grace (John 1:16-17)
- To Nurture members of its community to a deepened faith and understanding of God in their lives (Psalm 119:33-34)
- To Minister in transforming ways to a confused and troubled world (Romans 15:15-16)
Hope Church is a Christ-centered, spirit-led community of faith made up of children, youth and adults in love with Christ. Come as you are - we believe what's really important is the state of your heart, not your outward appearance.
We strive to:
- Make disciples who make disciples for Jesus Christ.
- Live Christ-like in a secular world.
- Develop intimate relationships through small groups.
- Encourage spiritual growth through Bible study and prayer.
- Train and support leaders who prepare others to become leaders.
- Work toward tithing to God ten percent of our gross income, and offering to God above the tithe as we are individually led.
- Share what we learn with everyone as we grow in Christ.
- Follow God's purpose for us, by giving our best to Him in all that we do.
- Love ALL others as Jesus would love them. Especially the ones we don't like.