Sunday School Classes
Each of these classes meets 10:00am every Sunday and has an "open enrollment" - they welcome visitors at any time. If you're not already attending a class, you're encouraged to give one of these a try!
- Men of Hope - this men's Sunday School class, led by Mike Sobel, meets in Room 3 and is open to men of all ages. Come ready to leave behind some of the burdens you carried into the room!
- Women's Class - this women's Sunday School class, led by Chris Bergey, meets in Room 1 and is open to women of all ages. The class leader says, "It doesn't matter what season of life we are currently in.....young and eager to learn more.....all the way up to the seasoned and wise. Regardless of where any of us is in our walk with God, we are all looking for ways to be the woman He designed us to be."
- GSP (God's Special People) - Mentally challenged and/or physically handicapped persons are invited to come and learn about God on Sunday mornings at 10am in Room 4. For more information, please contact Nancy Hartman or Gerry Hawk.
Sunday School For Children and Youth
Our Children's Ministry Team Leader is Pastor Ken DeWalt, and the Youth Ministry Team Leader is Shelly Sobel.
- Heaven Bound Youth Group - led by Shelly Sobel, this Sunday School class is for Middle School and High School students - meets in Room 1 and 2. For more information about our youth group, please see the Heaven Bound page of this website.
- Intermediate Sunday School Class - for children in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades - meets in Room 5.
- Primary Sunday School Class - for children in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades - meets in Room 6.
- Preschool Sunday School Class and Nursery - for children ages infant to 5 years - meets in Room 7. Note: Parents, please sign-in and make sure you have labeled your belongings. If you have not registered your child before, you will be asked to fill out a registration form. This form ensures that we have all the necessary information regarding your child's needs and preferences, including any food allergies and any other special needs.
Hope Church UMC Is A Safe Sanctuary
The congregation of Hope United Methodist Church is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all children, youth, vulnerable adults and volunteers who participate in ministries and activities sponsored by the church. The Hope Church Safe Sanctuary policy reflects our congregation's commitment to preserving this church as a holy place of safety and protection for all who would enter, and as a place in which all people can experience the love of God through relationship with others. All staff and volunteers are required to attend the UMC's Safe Sanctuary training, and staff and regular volunteers are required to complete and submit a Criminal Record Background Check. You may read more about this policy on the Safe Sanctuary page of this website.