Small Groups and Classes for Adults
Hope Church Small Groups and Classes meet at various times and days, and each group and class welcomes guests and new members at any time - if one or more groups sound interesting to you, why not come to a meeting and see if you like it? Note: Sunday School classes that meet during the Worship Services on Sunday mornings are detailed on the Sunday School page of our website.
New classes and Small Groups are always starting - some long term and some short term. For more information, please contact the church office.
Here are the Hope Church Small Groups and Classes (in alphabetical order):
- Adult Ministry / Small Group Leader Class - led by Pastor Ken. This is a 3 session class leading towards Consecration as a Hope Church Small Group & Class Leader. Is God nudging you to lead a class or small group of your own? Do you just want to explore the possibility without committing yourself to leading a class just yet? Then this series of 3 classes in Group Dynamics and Christian Small Group development is just for you! Contact Pastor Ken to find out when the next class will begin.
- Breakfast Small Group for Men - led by Geof Rader, meets twice monthly on Saturday mornings at Michael's Diner in Douglassville. Geof says, "Over breakfast we solve the world's problems, share what's going on in our lives and discuss the theme of the week. The theme of the week is contained in a handout relating to one of 36 different topics that Christian men have to deal with. Each handout has one page reading for each day of the week and is written by contemporary Christian clergymen and/or authors."
- Celebration Team - led by Jen Choudhry, the Celebration Team meets on Mondays at 7:00pm to plan our worship services in the spoken word, music, visual and audio media, and creative arts. If you believe you may have a gift to share "on stage" or "back stage," come explore this ministry team!
- Community Bible Study - led by Sam Geiger, this group meets from 2:00pm to 4:00pm every Sunday at the Keystone Villas in Douglassville. The group's goal is learning through discussion, and strives to use the foundation of the scriptures to discover God's will for our daily lives.
- Couples Bible Study - co-led by Shelly and Mike Sobel, this group meets from 6:30pm to 8:30pm every Sunday in Room 4. This group is for married or engaged couples, and they study God's word as it applies not only to individuals, but also to husbands and wives."
- Hand Drummers led by Prudence Zorilla - meets on the 3rd Monday of every month from 6:30pm to 8:30pm in the Worship Center. All are welcome regardless of musical talent, age, experience level etc.
- Mind, Body & Spirit Fitness Class - this weekly motivational and fun fitness class offers a certified instructor, Deb Benar, providing inspirational scripture, private weigh-ins, exercise and strength core training that will tone and shape your muscles while increasing strength, flexibility, and endurance. We meet every Wednesday evening from 5:45pm to 6:45pm in the Worship Center. Each class costs $5.00 - no session is ever the same! For more information, please contact Kim Simcox.
- New Member Classes - led by Pastor Ken. Please refer to the New Member Classes page of this website.