Hope Builders - A Mission of Hope Church
Hope Church has members, attenders and "friends of Hope Church" who are called to work in short missions. Those workers who perform "random acts of kindness" in the name of Jesus Christ have now been organized into Hope Builders, a newly-created Mission Team. Examples of projects this team has worked on in the past include:
- Helping people prepare their house to sell by painting and installing proper hand railing
- Installing flooring for a family when for one reason or another, a contractor was unable to finish the job
- Assisting people who are moving
- Yard clean-up, both major and minor
- Working with Habitat for Humanity
- Traveling to Manhattan, NY to clean a church and feed the homeless (Youth Group)
- Traveling to Biloxi, MS in 2005 (16 men and women) to provide disaster relief as an Early Response Team - removing damaged drywall and installing new drywall in two homes
- Traveling to Gilberton, PA in 2006 to provide disaster relief as an Early Response Team - cleaning out flooded homes
- Traveling to Coatesville, PA in 2009 to provide disaster relief as an Early Response Team - moving furniture for fire victims
- Traveling to Freehold, NJ in 2008 and Cornwall, Canada in 2009 to do home repairs in both locations (WorldChangers) - painted, cleared and installed new roofs, installed siding, laid patio block, did masonry work and fence repairs/replacement, built shelters and demolished a garage.
Hope Builders is ready to go on a local mission for YOU - our Mission is to build hope in Jesus Christ for all people.
Here is how it works: if you have a project, large or small, that you would like to have the Hope Builders team leaders review, contact Bob Simcox or complete the "Contact Us" form below. Generally speaking, if you provide the cost for material, Hope Builders will provide the labor at no cost to you. Donations for our work are strictly on a "free will" basis and not required, but any gift amount will be greatly appreciated and will help pay for future mission expenses.
Hope Church Contact for Hope Builders: Call or send an email to Bob Simcox, or complete this Contact Us form and the Hope Church WebServant will forward your request to Hope Builders.